Friday, September 27, 2013

Romance Languages

I love languages. Some simple words and phrases sound so beautiful in Spanish, Italian, or French. 

My father used to speak some Spanish to me when I was a little girl. I remember each night he said, Dame un beso (translated: Give me a kiss.). Te amo, meaning, I love you, in Spanish is beautiful written, spoken, and, obviously, translated. 

Te amo became the inspiration for this layout. 

te amo
Digital die cuts like Cricut and Silhouette give you a wide range of opportunities to use different languages for titles and phrases, but don't rule out stamp sets or letters (stickers, die cuts, and stamps) and more. I used my Cricut to cut "te amo" as my title. Because of the strength of the sentiment, I wanted the photo to be the focal point of the layout. (Cricut, Ashlyn's Alphabet)

The background patterned paper is DCWV, The Mademaiselle Stack. 

I added the small journaling block to place a "W" monogram to represent my last name. (Cricut, Tie the Knot)

A small sticker separates the title from the monogram. 

The biggest issue I found with using such a detailed patterned paper is to have the perfect coordinating cardstock. I happened to have just enough of a matching purple to cut my title and monogram. 

Next time you create a card or layout using, "Thank You," try using the French, merci, or the Spanish, gracias. Want something really different? Check out this link for other options.



2 comments:

  1. I love this layout! I have both cartridges and never noticed the Te Amo cut OR the beautiful monogram. I am definitely going to take another look at those handbook! Also, it's so common to use a darker color for shadow layers and I love the use of a light shadow on the Te Amo cut! I am gonna love these challenges. This is going to encourage us all to dig those older cartridges back out and rediscover the gold that is hiding on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I think it is a fun twist when you use a sentiment in another language!

    ReplyDelete

Keep the comments coming @ ScrapbookerPhD..