Monday, September 30, 2013

Rockstar Card

It was card night at my house last night. It all started when I saw the challenge at 365 Cards: A New Card Challenge Every Day : this card challenge (#272) was Super Sketchy Sunday. I often use sketches for my layouts, but I decided to keep challenging myself by combining the sketch with two other challenges. At Pink Gem Challenge Blog: this card challenge (#99) was to use black, and at Drunken Stampers: the card challenge was using die cuts (#143). 

Here's what I came up with.
Was I successful?



Once I decided to take on these challenges, I went straight for the Cricut Cartridge Rock Princess. I knew I had an Inkadinkado Stamp Set called Rock Star, so these would go nicely together. Since I was going for a punk rock princess, I chose to use Black and Pink colors. The bow on the skull is cut with pink glitter paper for sparkle, and the stars are cut from the same paper using Cricut Celebrations Cartridge. 


9 comments:

  1. Yep. Totally rocked it! What a great card! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun and sassy! Great colour combo. Thanks for joining the fun at Drunken Stampers this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DEFINITELY rocked it! Love the sparkle :) Thanks SO much for coming to play with us at the Drunken *hiccup* Stampers this week :)
    PS - did you realize you have Word Verification turned on? This is Blogger's default setting. You may find you receive more comments if you switch instead to Comment Moderation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that there was a word verification system on the blog. Where would I find it to turn it off?

      Delete
    2. Great card - love the mixture of colours you've used.

      Not sure if you've had a reply about word verification but to change the setting, click on 'settings' in your blog and you'll see an option to have word verification on or off.

      Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.

      Helen x

      Delete
  4. Love the pink skeleton, very cool. Thanks for sharing at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. super COOL card :) So glad you joined us on 365 Cards for our Sunday sketch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waaaaaaa hooooo!! I love all things skull!! And pink and black are even better :) Love it! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers for the Die Cut challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the cool pink and fun skull!! Super cool, sooo glad you played along with 365 Cards this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep the comments coming @ ScrapbookerPhD..