Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Heritage Card

I bought a new pack of DCWV Glitter Cardstock on sale today, and I couldn't wait to play with these papers. I loved the bronze and gold colors. I knew that this cardstock would be perfect for Heritage themes. But then, 365 Cards Challenge Blog offered the word "swirl" for inspiration in their daily challenge blog. Now, I wanted to combine heritage and swirl into a card design. Here's what I came up with. (Sorry about the glare. Too much glitter, perhaps!)


The patterned paper fit both of my challenges - heritage and swirl. The paper looks aged when you see it up close, as if the paper was distressed. When I think of heritage designs, I often think of old keys. That led me to use my Cricut Sophisticated Cartridge. To create the keyhole background, I layered cream, bronze glitter (DCWV), and then The Paper Company's, White with Gold Bead paper. To contrast the colors, I cut the key from black glitter paper (DCWV). Finally, I popped each layer for extra dimension (three layers popped total). Lots of bling on this card, but it is totally worth it. 



I should just leave this card alone. It is, after all, finished, but I can't help thinking that some Jim Holtz steampunk embellishments would be perfect on this card. Which begs the question, are projects ever done? 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Faith! Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at 365 Cards. Love your choice of colors and papers.

    ReplyDelete

Keep the comments coming @ ScrapbookerPhD..