Thursday, October 3, 2013

Wedding Bells (Card)

My wedding was in 1997, and I still haven't scrapbooked those photos. I always feel like there is still so much for me to learn before I work on those precious photos. To prepare for scrapbooking my wedding  photos, I bought the Cricut Tie the Knot Cartridge. 

This week, The Pink Elephant, is hosting a wedding theme challenge (TPE219). This is the perfect opportunity to try my hand at wedding embellishments. 


To start my card, I chose an embossed white cardstock mat on black. Something elegant. In black glitter cardstock, I cut the fleur de lis border from Cricut Sophisticated. For a sharp pop of color, I cut out the wedding bell in red (Cricut Tie the Knot). I cut the shadow and bow in silver glitter cardstock. I used three layers of pop dots for some extra dimension. 

In the photo below, you can see more of the details. 


Remember, when you cut intricate designs from Cricut Cartridges, you need a fresh mat and a sharp blade. Notice how thin the bow on the bell is in the photo above. 

Maybe I am ready to scrapbook my wedding photos! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keep the comments coming @ ScrapbookerPhD..