Thursday, September 11, 2014

Fall Holiday

Hello Crafters!
Faith here from ScrapbookerPhD with some more inspiration for our Challenge #14. Get the details Here.

The challenge is to use THREE die cuts and add some sparkle.

Well, it's fall holiday time, and I'm down to the wire creating Jewish New Year cards for the holiday called Rosh Hashanah. I was looking over my previous Rosh Hashanah cards - often CAS with little more than a Jewish Star and a sentiment, also I used mostly blue and white. This year, I decided to go big and bold. 


The background paper is the very first thing that I chose here. All of the shades of green took me far from blue, but I knew that a red apple die cut would be perfect. A traditional saying is to have a sweet new year, and we eat apples and honey to represent that sentiment. Next, I used my Sizzix nested circles to have a base for the sentiment mat. I wanted enough space between the white and the orange-gold so that you could see the small circular pattern.This sentiment is from the Hebrew Holiday set by Stampin' Up - and I believe I purchased that in 2006. The green smaller apple I just bought, and I loved how it tied in together. Gold glitter tape added the sparkle. 


Challenges Entered
Stampin' Royalty: Color Challenge
Craft-Room Challenge: Something old & something new
Papertake Weekly: Repeat, Repeat (circles in both patterns of paper and two more circle die cuts)
Cupcake Inspirations: Photo inspiration *Apples


5 comments:

  1. What a super fun card for this week's Apple for Teacher Challenge at Cupcake Inspirations! The colors are great!
    Hugs,
    Hugs, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for explaining the sentiment for those of us with other heritage and Happy Rosh hashanah to you. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Craft-Room Challenge XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  3. how cute...love the big apple with the cute little apple..love it
    Thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

    Tina
    sweetie dt

    ReplyDelete
  4. A bright and cheery card! Thanks for sharing it at Cupcake Inspirations! Come back again soon! Nance, DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your jewish holiday card! love those apples, thanks for sharing with us at Craft Room Challenge, Debi xxx

    ReplyDelete

Keep the comments coming @ ScrapbookerPhD..