Saturday, March 1, 2014

Valentines Swap (FCCB)

It is amazing how technology has helped crafters from all over the world meet, share ideas, and become friends. Our Design Team gang at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog participated in a Valentine's Day Swap. This was super exciting. It's always a great way to find new brands, use different products, and try new color palettes. My wonderful package can be found in the below photos thanks to the amazing Cindy at Creating with Heart. Cindy spoiled me with sweetness... check out the goods:




Close Up Left Side


Close Up Right Side


My Projects:
#1
Pretty in Wings. 
Cindy sent me this gorgeous paper doll and coordinating flower and butterfly patterned paper. I broke up the pink and white with the brown in her hair and coat. The butterflies made me think about wings, and I remembered this sentiment I had from Dylusions, Clearly the Right Words set. It says: Until you spread your wings, you have no idea how far you'll fly. 


#2
Snowman Heart.
In my swap kit, there was this stamped image of the snowman with the heart. He looked so interesting, so I inked him with my Spectrum Noir markers and applied white liquid appliqué for the snow. Focusing on the blue in his hat, I embossed the background paper in a similar blue. Cindy also sent me some felt flowers, so I took the opportunity to use that after attaching pink ribbon down the side of the card. There is a small extra glitter heart brad on the image.





#3
Beautiful Inside & Out. 
Cindy cut this beautiful butterfly for me, and with that, the card seemed to make itself.  In her package, there was a heart doily, and that inspired me to use this white flower doily that I had. I used the sentiment and gems that she sent as well. 



2 comments:

  1. Love it. This was such a fun swap. I have mine posted too so be sute to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so fun ..love your cards

    ReplyDelete

Keep the comments coming @ ScrapbookerPhD..