Friday, December 20, 2013

Christmas Vintage Santa

Crafting with vintage elements usually stretches my creativity, especially with color choices. The patterned paper on this card is cut from one sheet of 12 x 12 glittered patterned paper by My Mind's Eye (Lost & Found Christmas). 

I wanted to get both of the images in, so I cut them into different sizes. The red, cream, and brown provided a challenge for adding elements, I wanted to keep away from too much green, but also have some brightness, so I used white mats and a deep blue glittered base. When I added the bird die cut, I used a soft blue glitter paper and added the pop of green in the tree die cut. All of the red on the top layer is glittered. Both cuts were made from Cricut's Joys of the Season cartridge, a new favorite of mine. A little "Noel" pop sticker finished out the card. 



Challenges Entered: 

Happy Campers: Christmas
Cards Galore: Christmas 
The Male Room: Celebration
The Sisterhood of Crafters: Christmas Sparkle
Papertake Weekly: Last Christmas

3 comments:

  1. What a clever and dynamic creation! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood’s ‘CHRISTMAS SPARKLE’ challenge and please come back again soon!
    Darlene
    one of the 'Sistahs'
    The Sisterhood of Crafters
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card and great use of the paper! Thanks for joining in the Happy Campers challenge. Kim xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great vintage card, just right for a man too. Thank you for joining us at The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete

Keep the comments coming @ ScrapbookerPhD..