Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Flyball

Flyball is an exciting dog sport that is a type of relay race. Professional photographers are always on site taking action photos. Meet, Charlie, the subject of my layout. 



Kathy's Waffle Sketch was perfect for these Flyball photos. Since the sketch was a collage, I was able to capture Charlie's facial expressions, her stride, and even her speed. 



As you can see below, I flipped the sketch. When you are using a sketch as inspiration, remember that the orientation of your photos may not work with the sketch without flipping it. Here, Charlie's photos were all horizontal. Flipping the sketch on its side gave me more space to add photos. 


It can be difficult to find new and unique ways to scrapbook dog sport pages. Often, I focus on the dog, using die cuts or stamps of dogs. Other times, I use ribbons to showcase a team that has won the race. Sometimes these natural directions can limit the potential of the layout. Time to go a different direction. This time, I decided to capture the actual sport. Two rows of tennis balls with a sports sentiment on top finished off the layout, and those die cuts really represent the sport. I used my Sports Mania Cricut Cartridge. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow, wow, wow! This is a fabulous take on Kathy's sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sketch File.

    ReplyDelete

Keep the comments coming @ ScrapbookerPhD..