Sunday, October 6, 2013

Steampunk Camera

This month at Simply Steampunk Challenges, you combine a steampunk look with a monochromatic color palette. The last entry I created was a dark mermaid swimming in a black ocean. Now it was time to lighten up the color scheme. This time, I kept to the brown family, which is a traditional Steampunk color to begin with. 



The base of my card is an orange-brown standard card. I chose this because you would not be seeing much of it. I mat a dark brown over the card. Next, I did two things to prep the base. I stamped a compass from the Jim Holtz collection, Travel Blueprints, using Versamark as a background image, and I sprayed Tattered Angels, Glimmer Mist on to the paper. This gives the illusion of uneven ink splots on the paper. While that was drying, I cut a small square of textured light brown paper, and I stamped the camera stamp (also by Jim Holtz collection, Travel Blueprints) in Memento Rich Coccoa ink.  

Here's where your embellishments make or break your steampunk theme. 
Here, I used sprocket gears. Very appropriate to the Steampunk era. I chose an assortment of three styles and adhered them on the lower left corner. Next, I took a small metal frame sticker, and I placed it over the top of the camera framing the words. Finally, I inked everything in Memento Rick Cocoa ink. 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome browns and very steampunky! Thanks for joining us again at Simply Steampunk Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab monochrome. Love the image and great Steampunk embellies. thanks for sharing with Simply Steampunk. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS card with use of Monochromatic coloring. Thank you for joining us at Simply Steampunk Challenges.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Keep the comments coming @ ScrapbookerPhD..