Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pink Swirls, Glitter, and a lot of Love

The only inspiration I had for this project was pink thanks to Craft Your Passion.

I spent quite a while trying to combine patters, but in the end, I embossed two shades of pink with a lovely swirl pattern. Black was a great contrast color to mat each layer. The layout of the card came from a fabulous sketch from Clean and Simple. Embossed pink layers really benefit from a clean and simple look.



The first embellishment that I added was the glittered flower secured by a silver brad at the bottom left. The shimmer is beautiful in any lighting. I have had brads on my mind every since Little Red Wagon posted an eyelet and brad challenge.



This flower made me think of my vintage stash, and that is where the tag comes from. It's a multi-layered tag sticker. The word love has some glossy sparkle to it, and a small jewel is placed within the loop on the L. A silver brad, and my card was complete.



Thank you also to:

Party Time Tuesday: Glitter.



4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful CAS card. The black provides a lovely contrast to those beautiful pinks and the embossing creates lovely texture. I love the addition of the sparkle. Thanks for joining our Think Pink challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges. I hope we see you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty in pink! Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The two shades of pink really help that embossing pop!
    Thanks for playing along with us at LRW!!

    ReplyDelete

Keep the comments coming @ ScrapbookerPhD..