Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Heritage

Before anything else, this layout is in tribute to my mother who loves all things Victorian.

I have this photo of my mother from when she was in school. It's a tiny photo, about 2 x3. I scanned it, and turned it into a 4 x 6. I was inspired by the sketch at Sunday Sketch & Stamp. Since I wanted to bring out the beauty in this photo, I turned to the Vintage Stamping Challenge. Their theme was feminine beauty.

I finally got to use my Cricut Heritage Cartridge for the silhouette on the top right corner. I cut the title, Mother, from the Circut Sophisticated Cartridge. The dress form is a stamp from my new stamp set, Vintage Threads from TPC Studio. Finally, two leather flowers finish the layout.




2 comments:

  1. How nice to see a Scrapbook LO, A lovely idea, nice to record your memories. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamp and Sketch. Caz DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is beautiful and what a wonderful photograph. A lovely way to show it off. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Sketch & Stamp this week x

    ReplyDelete

Keep the comments coming @ ScrapbookerPhD..